I went searching online for a beer nuts recipe and quickly found out, the ones I did find had NO BEER IN IT. This needed to be rectified and fast. The recipe below provides a great balance of bacon, sweet, smokey flavor to the nuts.
20 servings and a cook time of about 30-45 minutes.
Beer Nuts Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup of Smoked Beer – Example: Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen
- 20 oz of Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 4 strips of thick cut Bacon
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Pinch of Pepper
Instructions for Beer Nuts
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan add peanuts, smoked beer and bring to a boil / vigorous simmer. For about 10-15 minutes, Stir often until beer has evaporated and you will have a slight caramelized residue. Place the beer nuts in a bowl and set aside. DON’T CLEAN THE SAUCEPAN. We will use the pan with the caramelized beer coating to cook the bacon in also.
- Using the same pan, (which I even left the couple peanuts that stuck in the pan) cook the bacon to your desired crispiness. I enjoy a very crispy bacon. Remove your bacon (allowing the bacon fat to drip in the pan before removing) and place on a paper-toweled plate.
- Add the remaining bacon fat to the bowl with the peanuts, cover and shake for roughly a minute to coat the peanuts.
- Pour your beer nuts on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes. While your peanuts are baking in the oven, add your chopped bacon, pepper and brown sugar in a cover-able bowl.
- Remove the peanuts from the oven and place in a empty brown paper lunch bag. Give it a quick shake and any excessive grease will get stuck to the bag.
- Pour the peanuts in your bowl with the bacon, pepper and brown sugar. Cover and shake for about 1 minute. This will evenly and lightly coat your peanuts in the brown sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!