Ingredients for Dish
- 1- 8 lb. Beef Brisket (rubbed and smoked to your liking, cut into thin strips)
- Recipe for Alpha King BBQ Sauce – Substitute Halcyon IPA for Alpha King
- 1 lb. thin sliced, cut into small strips, beef jerky (homemade or store bought, hickory flavored)
- 2 medium to large sized ripe pineapples
Directions for Pineapple
- Cut pineapple length wise into 1/2″ thick slices.
- Grill 2 – 3 minutes per side for grill marks
Directions for plating
Plate 1 slice of grilled pineapple down center of plate. Stack slices of brisket on top. Then top with two thin slices of jerky. Top with BBQ Sauce.
No matter what your level of cooking expertise is, you have an opinion on BBQ. I didn’t want to get into the nuances of smoking brisket and making jerky, I’m pretty sure you’ll bring your own methods in for this. As long as the pineapple and the BBQ sauce ties into this dish it should pair up well with the Halcyon IPA.
This is a very fun dish to make. While none of the ingredients and techniques are unique to themselves, together they create an amazing combination of flavors and a very unique plating. The wonderful acidic fruit flavors of the pineapple mixed with the salty-spiciness of the brisket and jerky, topped with the sweet-tanginess of the BBQ sauce, makes for a happy mouth. Paired with the Halcyon IPA it’s a treat you’ll not soon forget.